When breakfast can look, taste and feel a lot like dessert and can be healthy too at the same time, who wouldn’t dig in? This Strawberry, Fig and Coconut Chia Pudding With Muesli is the best way to start your morning. Fresh figs and strawberry gives it an extraordinary flavour, while the banana and coconut milk makes it thick, creamy and smooth. You’ll love this as a healthy dessert too.
I love smoothies and I almost end up adding any fruit or vegetable that compliments it. A bit of crunchy granola or muesli takes it notches above and the creamy smoothie that so easily blends with the chia seeds makes it irresistible not to dig in.
I particularly like the coco-nutty flavour in this smoothie and just how creamy it gets because of coconut. I got the fresh figs and strawberry from city market here in Bangalore for a steal. Figs weren’t that sweet but the strawberries sure were juicy, succulent and luscious. I usually stock up strawberry when they’re in season and freeze them. It lasts me anywhere between 6-8 months. But these were just fresh and so so juicy.
When I thought about developing this recipe, the first thing that came to my mind was the fact that a fancy breakfast may well be healthy too. And making it vegan by using plant based ingredients is even more welcome.
Strawberry and banana smoothie is too mainstream, so just a bit of change won’t hurt at all. Guess what? You could make this as a make-ahead healthy dessert for potluck parties or even a large gathering, or simply just dig in when you feel like indulging.
- If you don’t have fresh strawberry at home you could use just the banana or combine oats with it.
- If you don’t have fresh figs, use the dried ones, most household would have dried figs in the dry fruits dabba 😛
- If you don’t have coconut milk handy, you could extract the milk out of freshly grated coconut or just use normal milk if you’re okay without a vegan option.
ALSO CHECK OUT THESE OTHER HEALTHY BREAKFAST RECIPES:
Strawberry Fig and Coconut Chia Pudding with Muesli
Healthy Strawberry Fig and Coconut Chia Pudding with Muesli. Naturally sweetened, 10-Minutes and a filling breakfast in just a few Minutes.
- 5Tbsp Muesli
- 1 Very Ripe BananaFor best results, freeze the banana overnight and thaw for 10 minutes.
- 3-4Medium Sized StrawberriesPlus 3 for garnish
- 1Ripe FigSliced into 4 Pieces laterally
- 3Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1Cup Coconut Milk/Coconut CreamRefrigerated
- 1Tsp Dessicated coconut
- 1-2 Mint Leavesfor garnish
- This pudding is mildly sweet and naturally sweetened. If you wish to make it sweeter you could add honey or maple syrup.
- You could use papaya instead of fresh figs in case it is not in season.
- Also, ensure that the banana, strawberries and coconut milk/cream is chilled at the time of blending so that you get a creamy and thicker consistency.