Try this quick and easy foxtail millet payasa recipe that can be made in under 30 minutes, this foxtail millet payasa is the perfect festive recipe this deepavali. Plus its healthy too. Serve it warm or chilled.
Wish You All A Very Happy DeepavaLi 🙂 Let there be light in your thoughts, words, actions and in your heart!
I’m not so much into making sweets during festive season, moreover, even if I do, it’s usually healthy and light. Not too greasy, dunked in sugar and ghee, light on the tummy and has to be a guilt-free indulgence. Of course, you might say that, diwali happens once a year and that indulgence is inevitable. NO! Not to me at least, I’m so much more lazier to burn those extra carbs 😛 so i’d refrain myself from indulging at the first place.
People who know me know that I’m a millet maniac and this foxtail millet payasa is a family favourite.
Just 5 Ingredients and is ready in 30 minutes. Talk about how healthy it is to indulge, cuz foxtail millet has loads of fiber and is great to gorge on with the festive food.
I highly recommend using black organic jaggery in this recipe as it really gives a distinct flavour unlike the normal jaggery.
Black jaggery is available in most organic stores and is quite reasonable too. If you’re wondering if you could use liquid jaggery or jaggery powder, I’m not sure how it tastes, cuz usually, liquid jaggery is less sweeter than the black jaggery.
Also Try [Ragi Halbai]
Navane Payasa | Foxtail Millet Payasa
Easy, quick and ready in under 30 minutes, this foxtail millet payasa is the perfect festive recipe this deepavali. Plus its healthy too. Serve it warm or chilled.
- 1Cup/200 Gms Foxtail Millet
- 1.5 Cups Black Organic jaggerypounded
- 1/2 Cup Dried/ dessicated coconut
- 1+1Tbsp Ghee
- 1/4Cup Freshly grated coconut
- 2Tbsp Assorted nutsCashew, Almonds, Raisins - All slivered and broken, except raisins
- 1tsp Cardomom powderOptional. I almost always never use it
- Pinch Edible camphorOptional again
- Using fresh coconut is optional. You can also save a portion of the desiccated coconut and use it while grinding too.
- This dessert stays in the fridge for nearly 4-5 days. You can reheat and eat it too.