Recipe for Banana Bread Tiramisu – Decadent, rich, and exactly what a delicious mess looks like! Layered with banana bread soaked in Baileys and espresso coffee, with a generous spread of coffee & Vanilla flavoured whipped cream, drizzled with caramel sauce and dusted with cocoa powder – this is just what you want to make for your New year’s Eve party and indulge.
I don’t know how 2017 whizzed past. I mean, I know time is a bird, but then this year passed by like the speed of light. Nevertheless, I have so many memories that I will cherish forever.
They say, when the moment comes, it won’t be like fanfare and fireworks. It will be like a feather that softly floats and lands on your lap, unremarkable even to the bird who shed it. It was exactly this. The universe conspires to get you what you want, but in ways that are unbelievable to your own self. 2017 gave us a really precious gift and the one that we’ll cherish forever 🙂
Three memorable trips around Karnataka and one International travel that the husband did which will remain indelible in his mind 🙂 Thankful for all the blessings, good wishes, prayers and love!
The party for New year was all set and we decided to have a pot luck. Since, I’m always asked to make desserts this was my go to recipe. I saw this recipe for Banana Bread Tiramisu on Buzzfeed sometime back and had saved it. And when I tried this with my homemade wholewheat Banana bread with a generous drizzle of homemade caramel sauce I almost died and came back to life.
It’s quite easy, you just have to layer the dessert and refrigerate it. You’re all set! Making the bread will take you about 30 minutes, and in the meanwhile you could whip the cream and get ready with the other ingredients.
It is insanely delicious, absolutely charming and is a sacrilege of your diet, yes, but one bite into this rich, luxurious dessert amidst so many layers of cream and caramel is DIVINE to say the least.
Was it worth cheating your diet just for once? OH YES! Without a doubt! 🙂
Let’s bring it on – 2018! You will be delicious.
You might also like:
Banana Bread Tiramisu
One bite into this rich, luxurious Banana Bread Tiramisu and you'll know what heaven feels like on your taste buds. Layered with banana bread soaked in Baileys and espresso coffee, with a generous spread of coffee & Vanilla flavoured whipped cream, drizzled with caramel sauce and dusted with cocoa powder - this is just what you want to make for your New year's Eve party and indulge.
- 1Loaf Banana BreadGet the recipe in the link above.
- 4Tbsp Instant espresso PowderI used Bru. You can tone down the amount if you don't like it strong.
- 3Tbsp Baileys Classic Irish CreamYou can skip this if you dont like alcohol (But recommended)
- 2Tbsp Caramel
- 2Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1Cup Heavy Whipping CreamChilled, I used Rich's. You can Use Amul (1 L Carton) Add 2 cups of powdered sugar to it while whipping.
- 1/2Cup WaterWarm
- You can skip the alcohol (Baileys) if you don't prefer. But it really adds a classy kick to this dessert.
- It is better to make the Banana bread a day in advance so that the process is eased up for you.
- If you can't make banana bread instantly at home and you want to whip up this dessert quickly, you can buy a readymade vanilla pound cake and follow the same procedure. Just add a few slices of banana on the layers of the cake. This will make your job really easy!