VEGGIE BURRITO BOWL- CHIPOTLE STYLE
Like I already said in my previous post about my love for Mexican food, this recipe is the famous Burrito bowl from Chipotle that I first had. Its simple, easy and makes for a complete and a filling meal! lets get started..
|Tomato, finely chopped||2|
|Onion, finely chopped||1|
|Jalapeno/ green chilli, finely chopped||3|
For Cilantro and Lime Rice
|Cooked rice||2 cups|
|Cilantro, finely chopped||3 tbsp|
|Lime juice||2 tbsp|
For the topping
|Black beans ( boiled, if not using canned)||1 cup|
|Sweet corn kernals, frozen||½ cup|
|Onions and green bell pepper, oven or stove roasted||½ each|
|Lettuce, shredded (optional)||½ cup|
|Guacamole ( ref Guacamole recipe)||3 tbsp|
|Sour cream||1 tbsp|
1. For Salsa- Combine tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, salt and mix well. Keep aside.
3. Oven / stove roasted onions and bell peppers– finely slice onions and green bell peppers. Lay a parchment paper on a cookie sheet and grease it with butter spray or oil. place the onions and bell peppers and roast them on broil for about 10 minutes or until they are slightly brown and tender. On the stove you could saute them and keep aside.
4. Take a medium sized bowl, add lemon-cilantro rice, top it up with black beans, oven roasted capsicum n onions, corn, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, lettuce and sprinkle some lime juice. Slurp into your burrito bowl and enjoy the essence of Mexico! 🙂
- For the salsa- you could also lightly mas and blend them in your food processor.
- If you are using jalapeno pepper for the salsa- just use 2 jalapeno peppers. If using green chilli make sure you add it according to your spice threshold.
- If you’re not using canned beans- soak the beans for 5-6 hours and cook it.